"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Girl of the Day - Rachel McAdams

The Regular Wife and I saw About Time over last weekend.   It's a very sweet movie, albeit a bit manipulative -- it's from the writer-director of Love Actually, so that's expected -- and albeit in the context of some time-travel schtick that we've all seen before.   But it had some nice romance and some tear-jerky bits about family and love and fatherhood, and, heck, a movie where fathers and sons like each other, and a husband and wife like each other, and, while the premise is silly, the emotions all seem real (loving your wife, loving your dad, loving your kids)... well, sign me up!

Anyway, I'm not sure whether Rachel McAdams is a good actress, but she's awfully cute in the romantic roles I've seen her in (The Notebook, The Time Traveler's Wife), so she rates a GotD:



No comments:

Post a Comment