"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, July 8, 2013

The Bushes at Peace

Here's a terrific interview with former President George W. Bush and Laura Bush that I saw over the weekend.   What an amazingly nice, decent and disciplined man!   Note how he refuses to rise to the bait of criticizing President Obama, a courtesy that he has so rarely received in return.   A Christian gentleman, if that term has any meaning anymore.

By the way, for you liberals out there, just try to absorb how beloved George W. Bush is in Africa and then examine your own consciences about how you've viewed him and conservatives generally over the years.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment