"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Girl of the Day - Monica Lewinsky is 40?

Monica Lewinsky turns 40 today.   I can't help but think that she was the victim of one of the most obvious examples of sexual harassment in the workplace that has ever occurred, and I also can't help noting the hypocrisy of the feminist left, who exhibited in the Clinton/Lewinsky affair that they care little about individual women, and only about "Women" as a concept that can be used to gain political power.   Because Clinton helped them to gain and maintain power in Washington, the individual female victim, Lewinsky, was expendable.

I also can't help noting that she was 22 when her encounter with Clinton began in November 1995, while he was 49.   In short... creepy.   A country with any kind of moral sense would have long since tarred-and-feathered Clinton for the dirty old man that he is.   I have daughters and all I can say is... do not come around my house when my daughters are fresh out of college if you are old enough to be their father.   That's what shotguns are for.

Anyway, I hope Ms. Lewinsky has moved on to a happy and productive life.


No comments:

Post a Comment