"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Jindal Proposes a New Theme: Government Greed

I hope this meme from Governor Bobby Jindal takes hold:

The Obama years will be remembered as the Era of Government Greed. There isn’t a problem President Obama thinks can’t be solved by more taxes and more spending. His solution is always to take more money out of the American economy and put it into the government.


"Government Greed" is just about perfect.   If I were a Republican advisor looking for a message, I would be running ads across the country noting that 7 out of 10 of the richest counties in America are surrounding the District of Columbia.   I'd list the details of government workers average salaries and retirement benefits and health plans and paid vacation days.  

Then I'd have the tag line:  "It's Us Against Them.   Don't Let Government Greed Steal Your Children's Future."

No comments:

Post a Comment