"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Judgment of the Conclave

From Whispers in the Loggia, a great new blog about Catholicism from an evangelical (i.e., George Weigelian) perspective:


“Testor Christum Dominum, qui me iudicaturus est, me eum eligere, quem secundum Deum iudico eligi debere.”

“I call as my witness Christ the Lord who will be my judge, that my vote is given to the one who before God I think should be elected.”
Now, imagine saying those words while looking up at The Last Judgment... and all that stands between you and it is the urn into which you’ll then place your ballot.

***

According to the schedule as I understand it, the Cardinals go into the Sistine Chapel for the balloting at 4:30 pm Rome time today, which would be 9:30 am Central.   So they are about to go in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment