"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Girl of the Day - Susan Misner (The Americans)

























The wife of the FBI agent on one of my new favorite shows, The Americans, is played by Susan Misner.   In the show, the FBI agent husband is now cheating on his wife with a Soviet embassy employee (Annet Mahendru) who he has apparently turned; we'll see how that turns out -- I tend to think he's being played.  

Anyway, one of the things that I always notice on TV shows is how they unrealistically write a male character cheating on a wife who is already ten times hotter than he deserves.   Why would anyone stray if you had that to come home to?   (Of course, that kind of behavior baffles me on every other level too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment