"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rick Santorum Suspends Campaign

Rick Santorum just announced that he will be suspending his campaign for the Republican nomination for President.   This comes at a time when his youngest daughter, Bella, is battling serious health problems, and I suspected that, over the Easter weekend, his family would prayerfully consider what his best course would be.   A good man whose frankly Catholic values shone through his campaign.   He will be missed but, I hope, not for long.   He deserves a future in the Republican Party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment