"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Girl Tuesday - Rosamund Pike

My 14 year-old son, who plays football, basketball, baseball, runs track, and generally exudes testosterone, is reading Pride and Prejudice.   He actually chose the book from a list of suggestions from his English teacher, because he had heard his mother and father talk about it many times over the years as one of our favorites.   Weirdly, the class is supposed to read a novel and then also watch the movie version of the novel, and then write a comparison.   Hard to imagine that most kids won't be skipping right to the movie version.   anyway, he's about 100 pages into the book, so we watched the movie version up to that point.   Keira Knightley, of course, plays Elizabeth Bennett, but to me the more beautiful (and it's not close) actress plays Jane Bennett, the older sister.   Her name is Rosamund Pike.   Here she is in the movie:


And here she is in civvies:


No comments:

Post a Comment