"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Girl Thursday - Evan Rachel Wood

I much prefer my "Girl of the Day" to be an actress from the 1930s through 1950s or so; somehow looking at young actresses from today's films seems a little, well, yucky.  I have two beautiful daughters, after all, and I don't like to think of myself as ogling some girl who could easily be their older sister. 

On the other hand, the wife (the beautiful and still scrumptious JEB) and I are currently watching Mildred Pierce on HBO (we DVR'ed it when it played a month or so ago), and it's set in the 1930s, so I guess I can pretend as if the young actress who plays the evil daughter Veda in the show isn't actually the now 23 year-old Evan Rachel Wood.  (Note: this is the actress who plays the daughter at an older age; another, younger girl, plays Veda as a child.   Still evil as hell.)  

Anyway, Evan Rachel Wood is a very fine actress and a very beautiful girl, so she's the Girl of the Day:

No comments:

Post a Comment