"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Girl Wednesday - Rebecca Hall

As is my wont, I'm watching movies on the road in the hotel room.   The first night I was here I saw The Town, which is a very good cops and robbers movie set in Charlestown, MA (part of Boston) directed (and partly written by) Ben Affleck, who is actually (and surprisingly) turning into quite a good director.   (He directed his brother, Casey Affleck, in a terrific movie a couple of years ago called Gone Baby Gone.)

Anyway, the love interest in The Town is played by Rebecca Hall, a young English actress whom I first saw in a funny little movie called Starter for 10.   A very cute girl who exudes intelligence -- just like I like 'em, as my wife proves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment