"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girl Tuesday - Clemence Poesy

I watched 127 Hours in the hotel tonight. It is the story of Aron Ralston, the young man who cut off his own arm to save himself after being trapped under a boulder for five days in the remote  Blue John Canyon near Moab, Utah.   As he his trapped, Ralston hallucinates in the movie about a girl he has broken up with.   The image of the girl is heartbreaking -- Ralston is a young man who feels that he has learned too late what is worth living for.   The girl cast to play the role was Clemence Poesy, who has both a great name and not so great teeth.  Somehow the lack of perfection makes her even more attractive.   Love makes imperfections perfect, and turns the imperfect into beauty.   I wax poetic from loneliness for my own beautiful wife.  

Anyway, the girl of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment