"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Girl Saturday - Molly Parker

My new favorite TV show is the HBO series Deadwood, which aired from 2004-2006.   Molly Parker plays the rich widow, Alma Garrett, who is stranded on the frontier when her idiot husband is murdered after disputing a bogus gold claim that he was duped into buying.   It's a great show, and so far Parker has been very good as a laudanum-addled woman who has to pull herself together to save herself and a young orphan she adopts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment