"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smile of the Day

Politics dominates the news right now.  But while the election next week is important, it is not the be-all-and-end-all that some believe.  After all, if the Truth is the Truth, then no election , no matter the outcome, can change it.  There are important things beyond politics, and those things survive no matter what.   And, as an added bonus, if we keep those things in mind, we tend to do fewer stupid things that need political solutions.

On that note, the Smile of the Day:


Makes it harder to get too worried about who's going to win in PA - 12, doesn't it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment