"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Regular Guy's Movie Pick for the Weekend - Three Days of the Condor

The Regular Guy has cable.  The Regular Guy has Blu-Ray.  The Regular Guy has Netflix.   In short, the Regular Guy can watch whatever he wants, whenever he wants to.  That's why there's no excuse anymore for the Regular Guy (or the Regular Gal for that matter) to watch bad movies.  Bad movies are bad for your soul; they waste two hours of your time; they make you stupider than you were before.   Good movies make your world bigger; they show you places you didn't know about and people you didn't know about doing things you didn't know existed; good movies make you better and smarter.

So, this weekend, watch a really good movie.  My recommendation:  Three Days of the Condor, a brilliant action drama about a CIA analyst on the run in the 1970s, starring Robert Redford and Faye Dunaway.   Here's the original trailer to whet your appetite:

No comments:

Post a Comment