"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Girl of the Day - Sherry Stringfield





































Anybody remember her from the first season of NYPD Blue (she was David Caruso's ex-wife)?   How about from ER?   I can't remember seeing her in anything since then, a pattern that it almost too obvious in Hollywood... nice looking young actress gets good TV gig, then is essentially written out of the profession once she reaches 35 or 40.   Is that sad?   Yes.   Unfair?   Yes.   Unavoidable?   Yes, until society changes... which it never will.   Human beings respond to pretty young women.   Full stop.   Get over it.

Anyway, it was her birthday yesterday, as she turned 46.   Tempus fugit.

No comments:

Post a Comment