"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back from the Road Trip

The Bauer men are back home after a week-long road trip to points East:  Wrigley Field; Notre Dame (we took pictures in front of Touchdown Jesus); Cleveland and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (unfortunately, we missed the Bruce Springsteen exhibit, which closed last month); Gettysburg (too awesome to be described); Washington, D.C. (we walked the Mall, saw the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the new World War II Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Air & Space Museum); Princeton (we ran on PU's new world-class track); Cooperstown (a beautiful drive to a beautiful small town with, of course, the Baseball Hall of Fame); and, on the way home, Niagara Falls.  A great, great time and a great trip through what is still the greatest country in the world.   And all of it with my beloved son.   What could be better?   I repeat:  Life is worth living.  

In any event, that's where we were and why I wasn't blogging last week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment