"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Birthday Today - Daniel Radcliffe


It's Daniel Radcliffe's birthday today.   He's 22.   I can't help thinking that, with the end of Harry Potter, his acting career is likely to change somewhat.   He looks young, and he's small, so I can't see him transitioning too smoothly into adult roles.   But then, after the millions he's made on the Harry Potter films, he can bankroll his own projects and still have plenty left over.  

He might be the luckiest kid on the planet, having fallen into that role.   On the other hand, I'm also pretty sure that his fame, which is staggering, comes at some price. 

On the whole, I might prefer being a Regular Guy. 

1 comment:

  1. Daniel Radcliffe Weird Gift's Fear !!

    http://world-news-trend.blogspot.com/2011/08/daniel-radcliffe-weird-gifts-fear.html

    ReplyDelete