"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, February 21, 2014

Boy of the Day!

A change of pace.   It's the Regular Son's 17th birthday!

Any parent's hope is that their children will grow up to be good people.   Many parents hope that their children will grow up to be better people than they are themselves.   In my case, my son has fulfilled all of my hopes.   He is brilliant, talented, funny, occasionally sweet, and tough as nails.   Most importantly, he has a faith as strong as any I've ever encountered.   If it were not for him, I would never have become Catholic, and I am more proud of his faith (and confident in what it means for his future happiness) than anything else.   All in all, he's a better man than I, Gunga Din.

And, if anything, he's an even more psychotic Cardinals fan than I am!





















Happy Birthday, Little Man!





No comments:

Post a Comment