"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Best (and Snarkiest) Headline of the Day

Woman Who Can’t Afford Her Own Birth Control Scrapes Up Money to File for Congressional Run

Posted by on Feb 04, 2014 at 8:11 am
fluke4
Gee, we hope this won’t have an adverse affect on her birth control budget. Well, California’s known for some of the dumbest women in Congress, so why not? Besides, she needs the attention.
Women’s rights activist Sandra Fluke appears to be moving forward with a run for Congress.
Fluke has filed with the California state Democratic Party to seek its endorsement in the race for retiring Rep. Henry Waxman’s (D-Calif.) seat, according to the state party Web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment