"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Girl of the Day - Jane Fonda


I hate doing this, because she's such a stereotypical loony lefty, and her conduct during the Vietnam War was disgraceful and traitorous.   But it's Jane Fonda's birthday; she turns 74.   Looking back through The Regular Guy Believes' archives, here's what I said about her last year:
...today is Jane Fonda's 73rd birthday.   An execrable person politically, "Hanoi Jane" was the star of one of my favorite movies in the mid-1960s when I was a small kid first liking movies, the comic western, Cat Ballou.  For some reason, this picture from the movie captures how I feel about her -- an incredibly cute girl who actually probably needed to be strung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment