"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, September 5, 2011

Still More on Solyndra

A longtime solar power analyst, Ed Lynch, had this to say about Solyndra, the government-funded "green jobs" boondoggle:
"Here's the bottom line," Lynch said. "It costs them $6 to make a unit. They're selling it for $3. In order to be competitive today, they have to sell it for between $1.5 and $2. That is not a viable business plan."
Like I said the other day, "this was never a real 'business' to begin with.   It was just, on one side of the transaction, a front for fraud; on the other side of the transaction, a Potemkin village/Hollywood sound stage for the permanent campaign of Barack Hussein Obama."  

But, then again, what do you expect with a President who's never had a real job?


Hat tip: Ace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment