"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Monday, September 5, 2011

Girl of the Day - Racquel Welch

When I was a kid in the 1960s, the name Racquel Welch was ubiquitous.   Funny:  I have no memory of ever seeing her in a  movie, yet she was a "movie star."   Or, more precisely, she was the leading pin-up poster of the era, the queen of the bikini era, with the curvaciousness of the 1950s (Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Sophia Loren, etc.) coupled with an athletic beach vibe that was more contemporary, once getting down to having practically nothing on became the norm.   

Anyway, to steal from Jack Paar (why not from the best?), ladies and gentleman, here they are, Racquel Welch:

No comments:

Post a Comment