"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

File This Under "If Obama's Lost X, He's A Goner"


X in this case equals Robert Redford, staunch environmentalist and lefty (who I nonetheless have always loved as an actor and movie-maker):


“One reason I supported President Obama is because he said we must protect clean air, water and lands. But what good is it to say the right thing unless you act on it?” Redford writes. “Since early August, three administration decisions -- on Arctic drilling, the Keystone XL pipeline and the ozone that causes smog -- have all favored dirty industry over public health and a clean environment. Like so many others, I'm beginning to wonder just where the man stands.”

Well, that pretty much sums up the Luddite Left:   here we have a multimillionaire celebrity with an estate in Sundance, Utah and (I suspect) multiple homes elsewhere around the world, drawing a third-grade contrast between "dirty industry" and "clean environment."   Good caribou!   Bad oil pipeline!   Good pristine scenery!   Bad manufacturing!   Good rich people!   Touch shit, working people!   Get the picture?  

This is like the people who are always yammering on that they don't want "chemicals" used in growing their food.   Putting aside the fact that food (and everything else in the natural world) consist of nothing but chemicals... the enviro-leftist who wants her "natural food" grown without "chemicals" that she can buy from her whole foods co-op in Madison, Wisconsin or Ann Arbor, Michigan, or Berkeley, California must take responsibility for the inevitable millions of deaths from starvation around the world if we actually chose on any mass basis not to use pesticides and herbicides in growing food.   (The libs who didn't like DDT have the same responsibility for the return of malaria in Africa.)    Like those simps, Redford wants a "clean environment" that he can get to in his private jet, leaving everyone else who has to work for a living picking over the scraps of a post-industrial society.

By the way, Redford's looking pretty old nowadays.   On the other hand, I sure hope I look that half that good when I'm 75.  

No comments:

Post a Comment