"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Girl Wednesday - Esther Williams

Trolling SI.com for Albert Pujols information this morning, I was bombarded by marketing for SI's annual swimsuit issue.   It's a little rough for the father of two daughters approaching their teenage years to deal with girls who aren't all that much older -- some of the SI models are as young as 18!   But I guess some things don't change, as shown by today's Girl of the Day, the star of Hollywood's somewhat bizarre aquatic musicals, Esther Williams.  


On the other hand, maybe things do change a little:



No comments:

Post a Comment