"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Girl of the Day - Nazanin Boniadi




























Iranian-born Nazanin Boniadi plays an analyst turned spy on Showtime's Homeland series.   On the show they appear to dowdy her up a little.   Here's what she looks like in real life:

NazaninBoniadi1


Which leads me to the main problem with Homeland this year (among the myriad plot holes that the show has had every year)... the plot so far revolves around a young Pakistani med student who is related to a famous terrorist, and Carrie Matheson's attempt to turn him into a CIA assset by seducing him.   First she tries using Fara (the Nazanin Boniadi character), but he rejects her.   So Carrie has to do the seduction herself, ending up bedding the 21 year-old boy-man.   But, good gracious... what man in his right mind would reject this girl?   And certainly not for the schizo, 35 year-old spymaster who's just back from having a baby by a C-section (ickily noted during the show's love scene).  

Am I the only one who notices this?

No comments:

Post a Comment