"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm Waiting for the Obama Press Conference

I'm waiting for the Obama press conference to discuss the heinous murder of an 22 year-old Australian baseball player named Chris Lane who was visiting this country in Oklahoma.   He was killed by three teenagers.   Here is a picture of the Australian:
























And here is a picture of the three boys who are accused of gunning him down in cold blood:














Hmmmm... I'm just going to hazard a wild guess and say that there is a very good chance that this crime was at least in part racially-motivated.   And I'm going to venture the decidely politically-incorrect view that this crime is much more obviously racially-motivated than the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case, and much more obviously heinous.   Three black boys gunned down a young white man because they were bored.   Shot him in the back.   For no reason.   Picked him out for execution... why?   I think it's pretty obvious.  

In any event, this situation is obviously much different -- dare I say it, more "black-and-white" -- than the gray area of whether George Zimmerman had sufficient reason to defend himself with deadly force against an attack by Trayvon Martin (a jury determined that he did).

So will we get a Presidential news conference decrying this crime?

I'm waiting.

***

P.S.  It will also be interesting if the mainstream media chooses to make a cause celebre out of this case the way they did out of the Zimmerman case.   It has a lot of attraction as a news story, not least being the handsomeness of the victim.   It "plays" on TV, in other words.   I hate to sound cynical, but I just want to make the point that the MSM will have to work really hard to ignore this story.   I suspect that they are up to the task.  

No comments:

Post a Comment