"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, September 2, 2011

Preference Cascade Update

Here's the month-by-month chart for Obama's "approval index" (strong approval minus strong disapproval) from Rasmussen:


Since the momentary bump upward when Osama bin Laden was killed in May, the trajectory for Obama's approval rating has been down, down, down, with the month of August showing a steep drop of 4%.   If September and October continue this trend, I would expect some rumblings from old-guard Democrats for a primary challenge.   I don't expect that ultimately they'll be a primary challenge -- the Democrats can't risk offending the black community by running against the first black President -- but there will at least be some serious talk.  

Man, I can't wait for the tell-all books coming out of this administration.

But mostly I just can't wait for November 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment