"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Government Shutdown - Day 3 - More Gratuitous Meanness from the Obama Administration


























There's a story like this every day apparently:

Tourists travelling to Omaha Beach to pay their respects to the 9,387 military dead at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial will find it closed, a victim of the U.S. government’s partial shutdown.
The site overlooking the D-Day invasion beaches is one of 24 U.S. military cemeteries overseas that have closed to visitors since Monday.

Why?   The only explanation is just the gratuitous meanness of the Obama Administration.   War memorials and monuments were all kept open by the Clinton Administration during the 1995 shutdown.   Hmmmm... what did Bill Clinton know about politics that Barry Obama doesn't?   Or is it just that Obama likes being a douchebag?

No comments:

Post a Comment